Saturday, June 11, 2016

Quick Fix: Spaghetti with Lemon Garlic Shrimp


Today's recipe is not only a Quick Fix, it's also what I call a Friday Night Fix - and it's one of my favorite things to make when I find myself home alone on a Friday night when Steven's playing poker with the guys.  It's comforting, satisfying and super quick to make.  It's great hot or cold too so it's a multi-seasonal dish.  Grill the shrimp outdoors in the summer, if you like!  You can make this dish start to finish in just a little more time than it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.



This is a very versatile recipe.  You can easily use more pasta and shrimp to prepare more servings and it would be a lovely addition for a small dinner party - reduce the portions and serve it as a first course to keep it simple and affordable.  Steven doesn't really care to eat shrimp, so if I make it when he's home, I simply put half of the pasta in a dish for him and top it with a bit more Extra Virgin Olive Oil, some fresh cracked pepper and some Parmesan cheese - delicious!


Spaghetti with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
serves 1-2

4 oz Spaghetti
8 oz EZ Peel Shrimp (I like a lot of shrimp)
1 Lemon
1 Clove Garlic
1 TBLS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper


Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment